There are a vast array of floor coverings to choose from these days. Most people still think about covering their main floor area with carpet as it can help to warm the floor area of the house. This is really an old fashioned attitude to a new build.
If you are going for underfloor heating then almost any floor covering will be acceptable and will always be nice and warm to walk bare foot on.
The floor covering that you choice should match your own personal needs and be practical. For an example, if you have a dog or cat in the house carpet in the hall way or where the animal enters the house is not a good idea as they are not going to wipe their feet before they come in.
Start with the ground floor and then if you are in a house or dormer work your way up the stairs. A very good consumer guide to floor covering is available on www.wfca.org
Abbey Marble & Granite Ltd supplies and installs custom made Granite, Marble and Quartz kitchen countertops, bathrooms and Stairs. We guarantee quality, reliability and a top class customer service.
Flooring comes in different grades to suit all pockets. The colours that you choose can be just as important as the material.
Look at your entrance first. Are you stepping in from a gravel or patio surface? If it is grave then do remember that depending on your foot wear you will sometimes have small pieces of gravel catch in your shoes, so the entrance needs to have a scratch resistant surface on it.
Think about the weather conditions, will you be walking in water or mud before entering the house? If so then a surface that is easy to clean is required.
Laminate Flooring - These days laminate flooring can give you a very good quality floor covering. There are a vast choice of designs and colours to choose from, so do your shopping right and you will find the right design and pattern for your house.
You have to make sure that the laminate and wood products are suitable for underfloor heating if this is the kind of heating you have. You don’t want to get up one morning to find all of your floor boards up because they have buckled under the heat. Ask the professionals for advice and they can guide you to the products that would meet your requirements.
Depending on what style home you have chosen to build even a nice terracotta tile would suit your living room with a large tiled pattern in the middle of the room or a rug around the fire place. Tiles and Stones
If you decide that you just can’t live without a carpet then there is a wide choice of colours and quality to tempt you. The grading of carpet really depends on the material that it is made of. When choosing carpet you should think about the traffic in that area and remember that you will have to clean it at some stage.
Some materials wear very quickly once you have to start cleaning them . No matter how good the quality of the carpet is the sun will at some stage cause damage to the colour of it.
A carpet is an important feature in any home, whether it is a Persian rug or a mat that is for wiping your feet on from when you come in on a wet day.
So, what is the difference in carpets and why are some very affordable and others out of most peoples price bracket. The answer is quality.
There are many places to buy carpet from but you really need to speak to a specialist or else you could well end up putting an high maintenance carpet in an area of high traffic which could end up costing you more money.
More than just a decorative feature of your home, more than just a foot warmer, a carpet helps you make a statement without saying a word. It sets the mood for your home and for each individual room. This is why it is so important that you take your time when making a decision about what type of carpet to buy.
Not all carpets are built the same. Some factors you'll want to consider when choosing a carpet include how easy it is to clean, how stain resistant it is and how durable it will be. Some of the more common carpets out there include
1. Cut Pile Carpets - Perhaps the most popular type of carpet out there, home-owners usually choose this type of carpet because it is durable, stain resistant and very fashionable
2. Carpet Tile - What differentiates this type of carpet from the others is the fact that it is put together in tiles. This means the installation is much easier. As well, if an area gets worn out or damaged, you only need to replace that tile rather than the whole carpet, but do bare in mind that after a while the left over tiles when replaced will stand out as your other tiles have had wear and tear. Carpet tiles also make it much easier to access any pipes or wires under the floor.
3. Indoor/Outdoor Carpets - are a great choice if you're looking for something to put on a screened patio. However, if you're looking for something plush, this is not the way to go.
4. Level Loop Pile - A common choice of carpet for most offices, a level loop pile carpet receives its name from the fact that all its fiber’s are cut to the same height. While it is not a very plush carpet, it is very durable and resistant to stains.
5. Multilevel Loop Pile - Because it has loops of varying heights, these types of carpets usually create some sort of pattern or distinct texture. These carpets are very durable and are ideal for family rooms and basements.
Tip: A good quality carpet might cost more initially but it will last you a long time. A Cheap quality carpet will not have a long life and has to be replaced again and it will always look like a cheap carpet. So, will you be saving anything by going for the cheap one.